Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions: 23-March-2022
This Website,www.kingdomappliances.co.uk, is operated and owned by Washcraft Appliances (UK) Limited (Us, We). These terms will apply to all purchases of items from us, whether you (Customer, Your) are ordering online, in person or by telephone. Please read this document carefully and print it off or download it before placing your order. Please note all appliances sold are intended for Domestic use only. Use of appliances for Commercial purposes will invalidate any warranty.
We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect on the date they are posted on to the site (see date above). You will be asked to read and accept the Terms and Conditions each time you place an order to ensure that you are familiar with the most current ones.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. We do not accept amendments to these Terms and Conditions.
- They do not affect your statutory rights. Please read them carefully.
- Failure by us to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions will not affect our right to enforce the rest of these terms and conditions.
- Reference is made to our National Customer Support Centre which can be contacted on 0121 708 0865.
- Kingdom Appliance is a Trading name of Washcraft Appliances (UK) Limited and is registered in England and Wales, Company Number 4915397 V.A.T. No. 844 3290 28, with registered offices at 109 Amington Road, Yardley, Birmingham, B25 8EP.
2. Your Agreement With Us
- We will treat each order for goods as an offer by you to purchase the goods subject to these terms and conditions.
- To order goods over the telephone or on our website, you must be at least 18 years of age and accept delivery within the UK. All telephone orders will be acknowledged verbally at the time of order, and all orders placed on our website will be acknowledged electronically by e-mail. Please note that verbal and/or electronic acknowledgments do not constitute order confirmation or order acceptance. Your order will be accepted and the creation of a legally binding contract between you and us will take place once the goods have been dispatched or collected. (Alternatively, we may decline all or part of your order for any reason, in which case we will inform you in-person or by telephone or e-mail).
- When deciding whether or not to accept your order we may use certain information about you, including any received from credit reference agency checks. This helps to protect you and us against fraudulent transactions.
- We will tell you if your payment details cannot be authorised for any reason and may invite you to pay by another method. Please note that products, prices and offers in our stores may differ from those either featured on our website or promoted through the Kingdom Appliance Call Centre.
- The total cost of your order will be the price of the products, any additional services you choose plus any applicable delivery charge.
- The total price payable will be stipulated at the time when you place your order whether or not the order has been acknowledged. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our supplier’s prices, or the imposition of any taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods is wrong whether or not the order has been acknowledged. We will inform you of the correct price and give you the opportunity to cancel the order. All prices are inclusive of VAT but exclusive of delivery charges which will be payable as indicated at the time the order is placed.
- From time to time the prices displayed on our website may be different if you are directed to it from a third party website. Purchases at these prices can only be made on our website and by arriving on it through a relevant third party website; these prices will not be available in-store or over the telephone.
- Prices, offers and products are subject to availability and may change before (but not after) we accept your order. If a product becomes unavailable we may offer you an alternative.
- All product specifications, images, descriptions and other information communicated by us, whether displayed on our price tickets, computer systems and/or website or communicated over the telephone, have been made accessible by suppliers, manufacturers, publications, publicists and/or gathered from public domain sources. Our intention is that all information should be as accurate and up-to-date as possible. However, just occasionally we make or discover an error in the price or description of a product; as such we cannot guarantee the reliability or accuracy of the information communicated and accept no liability for any losses or costs incurred as a result. If we discover such an error on a product, which you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and ask whether you wish to continue with your order or cancel it.
- Full product details are available from the manufacturer’s brochures or their websites. All accessories supplied with a product are subject to upgrade or change at the manufacturer’s discretion. We will supply the product as supplied to us by the manufacturer.
- You can pay for your order by Visa, MasterCard, Delta/Connect, Solo, Electron or Switch. We will take all reasonable care to keep your order details and payment secure, but, unless we are negligent, we will not be liable for any losses if an unauthorised third party obtains access to your information. Payments by credit card are not subject to any surcharge.
- The Web browser will go into 'secure mode' as soon as you click into the secure payment section. Being in 'secure mode' means that all of your details are encrypted to keep them secure. As an additional security measure, no credit card details are stored once your order has been processed.
- When placing an order on our web site you must make sure of the following: * The site address on the payment screen begins with HTTPS * A padlock is shown in the bottom bar on your browser * The padlock when clicked allows you to verify the site's security certificate
- You must provide us with your exact billing address and telephone number when placing your order; this is the address and telephone number which your credit or debit card bank has on file for you. Your order will only be processed once authorisation of your credit or debit card has been properly received.
- If billing and delivery addresses are not the same, we may require a utility bill or driving license for confirmation.
- All prices quoted on our website include VAT.
- Although we have a policy of only offering products we physically stock, there may be occasions where through human error or mistakes some items may not be available. In these instances we will contact you with suggestions of goods of equivalent quality and wherever possible a similar price.
- All goods and services are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. If we do not supply the goods for any reason we will not charge you for these and we will refund any money already paid for them. However, we will not be responsible for compensating you for any losses you may suffer if we do not supply the goods.
- We use a combination of our own vehicles and drivers supported by third party logistics providers to undertake our deliveries.We use this approach to keep down the cost of delivery.
- It is our decision which carrier we use to undertake a delivery. This is usually determined by the type of product being offered for sale and/or your location, for example, a hob would most likely be delivered by a network carrier, whereas a washing machine would most likely be delivered on our dedicated transport. If you live in certain parts of Wales, the northern areas close to the Scottish border and the southern counties we may use a palletised delivery service who only deliver to the kerbside (you will have to arrange yourself for items to be taken indoors).
- We deliver to most postcodes in the UK, however, some delivery postcodes are subject to separate quotation due to their distance from our despatch warehouse located in Birmingham. One of our advisors will provide this quotation by telephone or email.
- If you are purchasing more than 1 item, then the highest item delivery cost will be given as the delivery charge plus £5 to cover all additional items.
- We aim to despatch all orders as soon as possible and will contact you by phone prior to delivery.
- We offer 3 delivery service levels: standard service (up to 10 working days), express service (within 3 working days) and a next day service. There is an additional charge applicable for an express or next day delivery and this will be advised at the time of ordering.
- On occasions delay in delivery of goods is sometimes outside our direct control. As such, delivery cannot be guaranteed and any dates we specify for the delivery of the goods are approximate only. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges, or expenses caused by any delay for delivery of the goods. We will notify you of any delays in delivery at our earliest opportunity.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, any free delivery promotion is applicable to specific items for a limited period only.
- We will only deliver goods to the address on the order.
- Delivery times are calculated in working dates, i.e. Monday to Friday inclusive but excluding bank holidays. Delivery times and service standards start from and are calculated from the first working day after we have received full payment (Please ensure we have a contact number to arrange delivery with you or delivery will be delayed further).
- We operate an all day delivery slot however our delivery driver will call the number provided with your order details at least 20 minutes to an hour prior to delivery. Please ensure we have all the contact phone numbers you are available on to reach you on the date of delivery.
- If you are unable to accept delivery on the day we have agreed, please notify our Despatch Team as soon as possible and at least 24 hours ahead of the planned delivery day. If you do not notify us within this time and we were unable to deliver the goods to your home on the day that we agreed and scheduled, we will charge a second delivery fee.
- The delivery charges are to doorstep only by a single-man driver. If you have any special circumstances relating to delivery (for example you live in a flat, if there are stairs to negotiate, if there are access restrictions, etc) please make us aware of this at time of purchase and we shall endeavor to arrange a special delivery for you, this may come with an additional charge, please contact us for further information.
- Our drivers are instructed to deliver items to the door only (ground floor door if you live in apartments/flats/maisonette). If you would like the item(s) to be placed within the property it will be at your own risk and the agreement will be between you and the driver.
- Liability for the item(s) only applies up to your door and neither we nor any of our logistics providers will take responsibility for any damage that may be caused to either the item(s) or your property beyond your door caused either by you, the driver, or both.
- We strongly recommend that you do not book fitters for your appliances until you have received, inspected and are fully satisfied with your goods. We will not accept any liability for losses or costs arising from a delay in having your products fitted howsoever caused.
- We only offer a 1 man delivery service.
- We will not refund the cost of delivery in any circumstances.
6. Damaged Goods
- You are required to examine your goods thoroughly on delivery prior to signing the delivery driver’s notes.If someone else signs on your behalf they take responsibility and the exact rules apply as if you had signed for it yourself.
- For New Graded and Ex-display Items: If your inspection shows that an item has damage not previously advised then you must inform the driver of this damage, detail it on the delivery notes and contact us on 0121 708 0865 whilst the driver is still present. If this occurs outside of our business hours, make note of the marks and return the item with the driver - our dedicated After-Sales Team will follow this up with you when we reopen. Customers will be liable for the cost of delivery and/or collection if this procedure is not followed. No claims for damage(s) will be accepted once the driver’s notes have been signed as receiving an item 'as described' or where they have been signed as unchecked. In any case we will not accept any claims for damage or shortages after 48 hours.
- For Brand New Boxed Items: If your inspection shows that there is damage to the outer packaging or to the item itself, then this must be noted on the driver’s paperwork and the item must be rejected and returned with the driver. In all other cases, it will be deemed the item is satisfactory and you will be responsible for the goods and as such any loss or damage to the goods shall be at your own risk and expense thereafter. In any case we will not accept any claims for damage or shortages after 48 hours.
- We will endeavour to replace damaged items as quickly as possible.
7. Faulty Items
- If after fitting your product you find that it is faulty, meaning your product shows symptoms of failure preventing basic operation (this does not include any superficial or cosmetic damages, for example scratches or dents) and you have checked the troubleshooting section of the Product's User Manual, please contact the manufacturer or us at your earliest convenience. Arrangements will be made for an approved engineer from the manufacturer to visit you free of charge.
- Please note all product guarantees’ specifically exclude faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear, and routine maintenance.
- If the product is diagnosed as faulty by the engineer then the item will be repaired by the manufacturer; if they cannot repair it and cannot offer a product exchange then we reserve the right to collect and repair the item at our workshop or at your property. If we are unable to repair the item then we will offer, if possible, a replacement of a comparable condition and age. If we do not have a suitable replacement, a refund will be offered with a deduction to reflect the benefit, in terms of time, enjoyed by the customer and costs to cover any missing accessories/components or excessive wear and damage.
- We are not responsible for any costs associated with the de-installation and re-installation of built-in or integrated appliances under any circumstances.
- Please note, any faulty items have to be seen by an authorised service engineer before any action can be taken. If your goods are not found to be faulty, a call-out charge or a collection charge may be incurred.
- We are not responsible for any claims or losses arising from the failure of any product. We strongly recommend you cover any contents stored or used in our products under your home insurance policy.
- Unless otherwise stated on our product listings, all products we sell are supplied for domestic/home use ONLY. Your warranty is void/invalid if products are used for anything other than domestic use i.e. commercial use.
- The warranty is valid for only the original purchaser of the item named on the invoice. Only the original purchaser can claim for service under warranty/repair/exchange/refund of any item we supply.
- Return to base warranty: If you have purchased an appliance from us with a 'return to base warranty' and have had the appliance develop a fault within the warranty period then, you would need to contact us to arrange a repair. We will endeavour to collect, repair and return the item within 2 weeks of the fault being reported. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to have the item disconnected and also reconnected once item repaired. We do not connect/disconnect/install/remove under any circumstance(s). The item under warranty will only be collected from the purchasers billing or delivery address and returned to the same address. Please have your invoice number and description of fault attached to the faulty item for collection. Contact us on: 0121 708 0865 (Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm) to report a fault.
8. Cancellation and Returns
- In compliance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014) you may cancel your order up to fourteen days after receipt of your goods and receive a full refund for the cost of the product and initial delivery charge you paid. Your notice of cancellation maybe be in writing, email, fax or given in person at our premises if you bring the item back to us. (Washcraft Appliances (UK) Ltd, 109 Amington Rd, Yardley, Birmingham, B25 8EP; email: email@example.com
- Please Note: Be aware that items bought under auction format are not covered under 'Sales of Goods Act 1979' or the 'Distance Selling Regulations' if they are listed as used/refurbished/graded and auction items are sold as described in the listing.
- The goods must be returned, at your cost, to our Birmingham location in the same condition they were delivered to you within 14 days from your notice of cancellation. We may be able to collect item(s) from you in some cases, if we decide to do so there would be a collection charge that you would need to pay to us before collection is arranged. The cost of collection is the true cost of us traveling to the collection address and back to our base in Birmingham.
- You must not have used the item, consumers are under a duty to take reasonable care of the goods while in their possession, we ask you to keep as much of the original packaging as possible. If you have unpacked the product from its original packaging then please inform our customer care department prior to returning it to us.
- We have the right to make a deduction to reflect the reduced selling value of the product (if appropriate), for any missing parts or accessories and a deduction for any damage that may have been caused during transit whilst being returned by you.
- Upon satisfactory inspection of the goods, a refund will be issued.
- You have the right to cancel your order at any time before goods are delivered to you for any reason however a cancellation charge will apply if we have already dispatched the goods to cover handling, administration and restocking. This is currently 20% of the product price.
- Orders placed on our website or via the Call Centre can be collected from one of our locations.
- You must provide a telephone number if you choose to collect your goods in-store. We will inform you of the location of the goods. If they are not located at your desired location and you wish to collect from one of our alternative sites, then we will endeavour to make those arrangements for you. However, this could take a few days and you will be informed of the date your goods will be available to collect. If we are unable to contact you we may stop holding the goods available for you.
- Once you have been notified that goods are ready for collection, they must be collected within 5 working days from the date of notification. You will need to take the credit or debit card used to make payment along with an official form of identification.
- We will not be responsible for any losses arising as a result from any delays in making goods available for collection.
- If you are arranging a courier yourself to collect an item from us then you must email us with the name of the courier company and the date of collection. Items can only be collected between 9.30am and 4.30pm Monday-Friday. Items being collected by a courier the you have arranged need to be checked and signed for by the courier on collection as being received as described on our listing before we pack them. We do not accept any returns due to damage when you arrange your own courier. We advise you take out insurance on all item(s) collected from us by your own courier.
10. Removal of Old Appliance (Recycle)
- If you require removal of your old appliance you must make us aware of this at the point of placing an order and this is subject to a charge and availability.
- Please note the charge is to book a space on the delivery vehicle and is non-refundable. No charge is made for the disposal of your old appliance.
- All appliances which are removed will be disposed of in an environmentally friendly way and in full compliance with the WEEE directive. We will remove your old appliance on a one-for-one basis.
- Old appliances not available for removal at the time of delivery will not be collected and no refund will be given for the recycle charge.
- Removal of your old appliance will only be carried out if the following conditions are met; old appliances must be: (a) already safely disconnected. (b) readily available outside the property for collection on the day of delivery. (c) empty with refrigeration fully defrosted
- If in the case that the above conditions are not met, then the old appliance removal will not be carried out and the charge will not be refunded.
11. Installation & Connection
- If we offer an installation and connection service, it will be subject to charges and availability. Please check prices and availability prior to delivery.
- We cannot install/connect/disconnect any gas appliances, whether freestanding or built-in. We will connect any washer, washer dryer, dishwasher, fridge freezer or electrical cooking appliance to an existing connection and only to a working connection point within one metre of the products permanent position. We will not modify hoses, pipe works or cables or undertake any carpentry or plumbing.
- Installation & Connection will only be carried out if the following conditions are met: (a) All old appliances must be fully removed. (b) All connection should be readily available. (c) Access to the area should be easy accessible. (d) Installation area should be ready and free from any clutter.
- If the above conditions are not met, then the Installation will not be carried out and the Installation charge will not be refunded.
- The service is very limited so please check with us by calling 0121 708 0865 to confirm.
- The offer of assembly is restricted to 'marked' products only, i.e. if the option is not available as an 'add-on', such as recycling, it will not be available.
- The service is exclusive to primarily the side by side 'food centres'.
- These appliances are supplied in separate units therefore require assembly.
- The service is subject to charges and availability. Please check prices and availability prior to delivery.
- Assembly can only be carried out for ground floor residences with good working space.
- The floorspace will need to be prepared by you (cleared) and flat.
13. Product Descriptions
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on this website. However, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the actual product.
- We will describe any damage to the visible surface (when installed) of ex-display/graded built in appliances. All ex-display/graded appliances may or may not have dents/scratches to the housing that do not affect performance nor warranty.
- While we try to be as accurate as possible, all sizes, weights and measurements quoted are approximate.
- The products sold on this website have been designed to comply with the health and safety laws of the UK and we cannot warrant or represent that they comply with any health safety or other legal requirement outside the UK.
- Images on our website have either been made accessible by suppliers, manufacturer's, publications, publicists, or been gathered from public-domain sources. We cannot guarantee the reliability or the accuracy of the images. Images on our site are for the sole purpose of giving an approximate description of the goods. Full detailed specifications are available from the manufacturer's brochures or their websites. We will supply the product as supplied to us by the manufacturer.
- Please note: With graded and ex-display products, non essential items such as fixing screws, spanners, seals, templates, recipe books etc that do not affect performance and functionality may not be included. Contact us if you want us to clarify what may or may not be included with any products we have available.
14. Data Protection and Privacy Statement
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service. We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us in the future. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
- The personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening.
- In order to prevent unauthorised access to the data, which you have provided to us, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information. From time to time industry regulators and our auditors may require us to disclose some or all of the information for legal or regulatory purposes.
- Under the Data Protection Act, you have the right to see any data that we hold about you and to object at any time to the use of your data. We hold data to primarily validate delivery details and manufacturer warranties. We may, at a future date, wish to contact you with selected product offers, which we think, may be of interest to you. If you would prefer not to receive such offers or wish to know what data we hold against your name, please write to our Customer Service Department, Washcraft Appliances (UK) Ltd, 109 Amington Road, Yardley, Birmingham, B25 8EP to request this information.
- All our competitions and promotions are open to residents of the United Kingdom only. Our employees and their immediate families are ineligible to enter; our affinity partnerships are also excluded from entry. We accept no responsibility for late or lost email registrations. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the competition at any time and all rule amendments are retrospective. Providing false or incorrect information will invalidate your entry. We reserve the right to publish the winners name for future promotions. All prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. Cash alternative are not available for prizes. Our decision is final and we will not enter into any negotiations regarding rules or awards. Entry is conditional upon acceptance of the terms and any entry is viewed as your acceptance.
15. SafeGuard Mechanical / Electrical Breakdown Warranty
Some important facts about the SafeGuard warranty are summarised below. This summary does not describe all the terms and conditions. Please take time to read the warranty document which will be given at the time the warranty is issued by the Administrators (Corporate Support Solutions and not Kingdom Appliances) to ensure you understand the cover it provides.
- The warranty covers the costs of parts and labour and callout charges should any covered component suffer the sudden stoppage of its normal functions necessitating repair or replacement to resume those functions. The cover provided is subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained within your warranty document.
- Your cover is valid for 12, 24, 36 or 48 months as detailed on your application form.
- Please refer to the application form, which is given to you when the warranty is issued, which will detail the period of cover and the options you have selected.
- Features and benefits included automatically: The warranty provides cover against Mechanical / Electrical Breakdown of an appliance(s) identified on your warranty schedule. Cover includes parts, labour and callout charges during normal working hours (9am -5pm Monday to Friday) subject to the terms, conditions and exclusion of your warranty. (Please refer to the "What is Covered" section of the warranty document for full details)
- Significant and/or unusual exclusions: The warranty does not provide cover for;
- Callout charges where a fault cannot be found with the Product.
- Consumable or auxiliary items e.g. batteries, scart leads or any Accessories or peripherals that were not part of the original Product offering at the time of purchase
- Accidental damage.
- Use of the Product by anyone other than You or your immediate family living at the address named on the Service Agreement.
- Failure to comply with the manufacturers instructions for the care of the Product.
- A Product installed in a commercial environment or where the level of use is deemed beyond normal domestic use.
- A Product that does not meet the current electrical regulations in force at the time.
- Costs not authorised by the Administrator or its appointed engineers.
- Faults relating to the installation of the Product.
- Deliberate damage or neglect of the Product.
- Claims for rectifying maladjustment or incorrect configuration or setting of manual controls.
- Damage caused by foreign objects or substances.
- Faults known to You before commencement of cover under Your Warranty.
- Work, which relates to a manufacturer recall.
- Repair to or Damage of a cosmetic nature caused by but limited to denting, scratching, chipping, staining, and rust or corrosion.
- Routine maintenance of the Product, supplies or service in Your Home.
- Claims arising from the interruption, failure, disconnection or power surge in the power supply to Your Home however caused or due to inadequate ventilation of the Product.
- Claims arising as a result of normal wear and tear (e.g. belts, fuses, seals).
- Total loss of use of the Product due solely to the non availability of replacement or substitute parts, in which case We shall offer settlement based on a Product of equivalent or similar specification.
- Consequential loss of any type.
- Please refer to the “WHAT IS NOT COVERED” section of the warranty document for full details